Looking for a new job in 2018? Your Asset Renovations is looking for an experienced Estimator to join our team! Have a read through our ad below, and if you think you have the skills, please forward your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, if you know of someone in your network who may be interested, please forward this post to them.
Due to a growth in sales there is a genuine opportunity for a skilled experienced Estimator to join our team. The estimates undertaken in this position include mid to high end renovation projects, general residential and commercial maintenance works in addition to new homes in the residential sector.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities:
· Estimating, prepare project trade packages including BOQ’s, scope of works, construction programs, trade preliminaries, purchase and work orders and contract documentation as required
· Negotiate with suppliers and sub-contractors to maximize service delivery and achieve business cost savings
· Liaising with suppliers and contractors to obtain quotes and competitive pricing
· Project scheduling and management assistance.
· Providing assistance to the construction team with daily queries and supporting Project Managers on Site
· Checking invoices and quantities
· Prepare contract variations including the need to liaise directly with clients prior to any work taking place on site.
Skills & Experience
· Strong ability in plan interpretation and take offs
· Good working knowledge of construction sequences and techniques
· Sound working knowledge with estimating programs and ability to pick up new systems
· General computer literacy
· Excellent organisational and negotiation skills
· Ability to develop tender programs
· Attention to detail in all areas of the role
· Ability to meet stringent deadlines and time frames
· Strong work ethic and highly motivated
· Minimum of 5 years’ estimating experience.
· Post graduate degree, diploma or similar qualifications
· Drafting knowledge and ability to use drafting software would be advantageous
The successful candidate will enjoy:
· Being part of a dynamic team
· Good remuneration for the right candidate
· Working in a long-term position